Baked Acorn Squash and Imitation Crab
Servings 2 People
- 4 Acorn Squash
- 8 oz. Coleson's Catch Imitation Crab Meat
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1/4 c red and green bell pepper each diced
- 1/4 c Onion minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 c Chicken Stock
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese grated
- Sauté the onion, bell peppers and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Toss with the bread crumbs and cheese, add chicken stock to moisten.
- Flake the crab meat and toss with mixture.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds.
- Deeply score the squash flesh.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fill with mixture and place in a baking dish; cover.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes.
This delicious, healthy and easy to prepare recipe is also excellent for other Coleson's Catch® seafood items like Halibut, Tuna, Mahi-Mahi, Chilean Sea Bass, Swordfish, Orange Roughy and Tilapia. Enjoy!