With night time temperatures down in the 30’s and days breaking into the 70’s then back to snow again the next week–it’s definitely Spring, our most unpredictable season. So when the sun does come out, we like to get out–before it quickly changes back to cool. That’s when I start thinking: quick and easy, light and fresh. Versatility is my by-word for Springtime meal planning.
Weather is a big influence on our appetite, as we quickly switch from wanting winter stews to stir fry and lighter fare. The season also brings special foods as part of the holidays, traditions and celebrations. For example, cabbage sales are at their peak as a part of seasonal spring recipes. And hard-boiled eggs aren’t just for easter egg hunts–there are so many different ways to include them in meals. Of course fresh spring harvest fruits and vegetables are a great mix in light fare and perfect for parties or picnics. And say, speaking of spring, when did you last dance around a Maypole?
Read on: I’ve created some fun, easy and healthy recipes that should make celebrating Springtime even more enjoyable–rain or shine!
Versatile Spring Recipes!
- Green Shell Mussel on Half Shell with Linguini Spinach and Bacon
- Green Shell Mussel on Half Shell with Rosemary Garlic and Olive Oil
- Tuna with Carrot Raisin Salad
- Tuna with Poppy Seeds, Yogurt and Hard Boiled Eggs
- Tilapia Fillets with “Corned” Style Cabbage and Carrots
- Oven-baked BBQ Tilapia with Black Beans
- Whole Tilapia Escabeche
- Whole Curried Tilapia
- Cold Poached Salmon Fillet with Hummus
- Salmon Fillet with Green Olives and Artichoke Hearts
- Mahi-Mahi with Asparagus, Feta and Red Bell Pepper
- Mahi-Mahi Ceviche with Avocado