Whole Curried Tilapia
- 1 pkg Coleson's Catch Whole Tilapia
- 1/2 c Yellow Onion diced
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 c Chicken Broth
- 1/2 c Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut shredded
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Score both sides of the fish with a deep "tic-tac-toe" cut.
- Season with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
- Saute in oil until crisp, remove from pan and set aside.
- In a fresh pan, saute the onions until tender, add curry powder.
- Saute but don't brown, add the other items and bring to a boil.
- Add the sauteed Tilapia to the curry and simmer turning the fish now and then.
- Adjust seasonings and thickness of sauce as desired.
Sides: Rice, Bulgur or quinoa. Garnishes for curry are numerous-some personal favorites include chopped peanuts, chutney, shredded coconut and diced banana mixed with apricot jam. Another is a type of chili pepper to spice it up.
Please follow and like us: