Whole Tilapia Escabeche
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg Coleson's Catch Whole Tilapia
- 1 pc Yellow Onion
- 1 pc Green Bell Pepper
- 1 pc Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/4 c Chicken Broth
- 1/4 c White Wine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse the fish, pat dry.
- Score the fish on both sides with a deep "tick- tac-toe" cut.
- Season with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
- Saute in oil until very crispy; dry it out on purpose so that the juice you put on it soaks into the meat. Set aside.
- Saute the onions and peppers until limp-add all other items, bring to a boil.
- Place the fish in a baking dish and cover with the onion mixture-cover and bake until tender-15-20 minutes.
Traditionally this dish is made ahead of time and served cold or at room temp. I like it hot, warm or cold. It is a kind of casual picnic item served with a hearty bread.
Please follow and like us: