Escabeche (Pan Fried Fish with Filipino-Style Sweet and Sour Sauce)
- 3 pcs Coleson's Catch Whole Gutted and Scaled Tilapia (1 lb. each) thawed
- 1/2 c Cornstarch
- 1 c Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Onions small white or yellow, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger sliced
- 1/4 c Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/4 c Green Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/4 c Carrots sliced
- 1/4 c Cucumber sliced
- 8 Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper optional
- 1 c pouch Sweet & Sour mix dissolved in 3/4water
- - OR -
- 2 c Sweet & Sour Sauce bottle
- Heat oil until hot. Coat the fish with corn starch. Deep fry until fish is golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- Saute garlic, onion, ginger, bell peppers, carrot and cucumber.
- Add peppercorns and optional hot sauce.
- Pour in the dissolved Sweet and Sour Mix or Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes or until thick, to desired consistency
- Add fish and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Please follow and like us: