Steamed Whole Tilapia with Oyster Sauce
Servings 2 People
- 1 pc Coleson's Catch Gutted and Scaled Whole Tilapia thawed, about 1 Lb.
- 3 slices Ginger cut into very thin strips (julienned)
- 5 Tbsp Oyster Sauce Optional: Vegetarian Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, steam the fish
- Rub the fish with salt. Sprinkle pepper, if desired.
- Place the fish and ginger on a plate and place inside a steamer.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes or until done (fish is opaque white and starts to flake easily).
- Remove the fish from the steamer and transfer to a serving platter.
- Next, make the sauce and assemble the dish:
- Remove the plate from the steamer and pour the remaining liquid into a small bowl.
- Add the oyster sauce and sesame oil, and whisk lightly.
- Pour the mixture over the fish and top with chopped coriander and leeks (optional garnish).
Please follow and like us: