Country Fried Tilapia
- 1 Whole Tilapia cleaned and scaled
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup of your favorite style bread crumbs
- 1/2 C canola oil b>Gravy Ingredients:
- 3/4 C Chicken Stock
- 1/4 C Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Shallots chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Rinse the Tilapia; pat dry and season the inside and outside with salt and pepper.
- Dust both sides with flour, dip in the beaten egg, and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Saute in hot oil until brown and crispy.
- To make gravy, simmer the ingredients in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour or cornstarch with a little water; add to the pan.
- Continue to simmer until it reaches desired thickness, about 5 minutes.
Please follow and like us: