Scallops with Bacon and Sage
- 12-16 pcs Coleson’s Catch Scallops
- 6-8 strips of your favorite Bacon 3/4 cooked (I bake it but a skillet will work)
- 6-8 pcs Fresh Sage Leaves
- Splash Dry Sherry
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 metal or wooden skewers see comments below
- Marinate the scallops in sherry, shallots, salt and pepper for 20 minutes or so.
- To assemble, cut the bacon in half, place a scallop at one end.
- Place a sage leaf on top and roll it so the bacon ends meet or overlap-put in the skewer-repeat until you have 6-8 on each stick.
- Cook over an open flame.
Other things to put in between the scallops on the skewers: cherry tomatoes, chunks of onion, mushrooms, bell peppers or slices of lemon. Additional Comments: I like wooden because I like burnt effect- but I first soak the wood skewers in water before using to keep them from burning too quickly.
Please follow and like us: