Black Pepper Crusted Scallops on a Stick
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg Coleson’s Catch Scallops
- 1-2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 pc Bell pepper Your choice of color
- 1 pc Red Onion
- 8 pcs Medium-sized Mushrooms
- 2-4 in Skewers (I really like metal because they don't burn. If you use wood soak them for a long timewater before using)
- Marinate the scallops in the combined mixture of wine, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper for at least an hour.
- Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces thinner than the scallops, otherwise the scallops won't touch the grill and won't get good color and charring.
- If you are anti-charring, then make the vegetables thicker.
- Blanch the vegetables for a minute to make them pliable so they won't break when the stick goes through them.
- Press the scallops individually into the pepper to coat, and skewer them alternately with the vegetables allowing for the flat side of the scallop to be exposed to the grill.
- At this point, spray them with an anti-sticking product so as not to disturb the pepper and place on a ready grill.
- Scallops are the most notoriously over-cooked seafood; however, over-cooking destroys them, so just warm them through.
- Serve with warm or cold bulgur wheat.
A quality peppercorn is a must on this recipe - at the very least it must be a fresh batch and freshly ground. My peppercorns of choice are the superb berry from the Malabar Coast of India: the Tellicherry.
Please follow and like us: