- Vine-ripened grape tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
- The process: Halve and gently squeeze out seeds of the tomatoes. Place cut side down on a tray that has a lip.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, a few cloves of garlic and some basil or rosemary; drizzle with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Remove the skin of the tomatoes and chill until you are ready to use them.
- They can be stored in the refrigerator in its own juice; very tasty, can be used in many other dishes.
- Will keep for 10 days.
The most flavorful tomatoes right now are the vine-ripened grape tomatoes; they are firm and full of flavor. The Roma tomatoes are traditionally used for roasting and are fine to use for this. Choose the one that suits you best. I roast a lot at a time and keep them in the fridge. Do whatever amount you need.
Please follow and like us: