Couscous Salad II
- 2 c. couscous prepared per package instructions*
- 1/2 c. tomatoes diced
- 1/2 c. fresh fennel root diced
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill overnight.
- Serve as an accompaniment to cold poached salmon, halibut, scallops or calamari steaks as well as cold broiled swordfish steak.
To enhance the couscous, add 1 Tbsp of chopped garlic and 1/4 tsp saffron to the liquid. Substitute water with chicken stock for fuller flavor.
Please follow and like us: