Coleson's Catch Whole Milkfish
Servings 2 People
- 1 Coleson's Catch Whole Milkfish cleaned and scaled
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp. fish sauce if desired
- Clean, scale and wash Milkfish.
- Pat dry and sprinkle both sides and stomach cavity with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon inside and outside of the fish.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and fry the Milkfish on both sides until golden brown, 10 minutes each side.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes until tomatoes have softened.
- Add water and fish sauce; let it simmer.
- Then bring back the fish to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning fish once.
- Garnish with the green onions.
Fresh tomatoes can be substituted with 1 cup of canned diced tomatoes. Milkfish contains many small bones.