Salmon Fillet Sandwich with Apple Slaw
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg Coleson’s Catch Salmon Fillets
- 2 c Finely Shredded Cabbage of choice (mine is Napa)
- 1 Grated Apple of choice, skin and all (mine is Fiji)
- 1/4 c toasted almonds
- 1/4 c Celery Diced
- 1/4 c Golden Raisins
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make the slaw.
- Cook the salmon any way you prefer.
- Decide if you want to toast the bread and if you want the sandwich open faced.
Serving Suggestions: My preference is a single piece of bread, untoasted, half of the slaw piled on, and the salmon on top. Done. Additional Comments: This recipe is done as a sandwich, but you could also make it as a wrap. Choosing the right bread is critical, but if you are really not going to eat the bread, skip it. I would choose a dense whole-wheat or multigrain bun or some kind of crusty loaf. Salt and pepper the salmon, squeeze a lemon on it, and set it aside.
Please follow and like us: