Salmon and Cream Cheese Quesadilla
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg Coleson's Catch Salmon thawed, Fillets or Steaks
- 6-8 inch Flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp.
- 2 Tbsp Scallion diced
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Jalapenos diced
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, put 1/2 inch of water with 1/4 tsp salt and a tsp of lime juice; bring to a simmer.
- Add in the salmon and cover; simmer for 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Leave covered and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the liquid and let cool.
- Remove any skin and bones (depending on if you use fillet or steaks) and flake.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and lime juice using the back of a spoon until smooth and spreadable.
- Stir in the scallion and diced roasted jalapenos.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
To assemble: Place three tortillas on the counter and spread one third of cream cheese mixture on each one and sprinkle one third of the salmon on top of it and place the other tortillas on top. In a saute pan, melt a tsp of butter and cook the quesadilla until golden brown on each side and the filling is warm. Press down on the quesadilla with a spatula while it is cooking so that it sticks together. Cut like a pie into six triangles and serve with lemon and salsa.
Please follow and like us: