Cod Fillets with Turnips and Greens
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg Coleson’s Catch Cod Fillets thawed
- 1 bunch Fresh turnips with greens smaller turnips are better
- 1/2 c. Carrot diced
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1/2 c. Red Onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- 1/2 c. Chicken Broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme fresh if possible
- Salt and Pepper
- If the turnips are small, cut off the top and cut into quarters, if bigger, dice them. Wash the leaves and chop.
- Use 1 cup of turnip and 1 cup of the greens.
- Sauté bacon, remove from the fat.
- Sauté onions in bacon grease until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté lightly, don’t brown.
- Add the broth, root vegetables, thyme and bay leaves.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are al dente.
- Add the greens and cod, cover and steam for 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness of cod, but it is usually thin).
- Remove cod and place in a serving dish.
- Pour the mixture over the cod.
- Top with the crumbled bacon and balsamic vinegar.
- I don’t think it needs a side dish but you want one perhaps a baked potato.
Please follow and like us: