Basic Bread Pudding Custard
- 2 c Milk scalded
- 4 eggs
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla-whisk the hot milk in. That is custard.
- You can use more bowls and double boilers but in my kitchen I'll be cleaning up so I cut to the chase. Keep it simple.
- French bread is what I like to use. I cut it into squares put it into an ovenware dish and cover with the custard.
- The bread likes to float so I put another dish on top to keep the bread covered.
- I prefer to have more custard than bread.
- Some people like it drier and add a sauce.
- All custard likes to be cooked in a water bath, I would recommend it but you dont have to, just keep the heat down.
Let's think of some good combinations: - Chocolate bread pudding with banana creme anglaise - Maple bread pudding with whipped cream - Rum raisin bread pudding with whipped cream - Brandied chestnut bread pudding with maple syrup and whipped cream - Mocha bread pudding with chocolate sauce - Almond bread pudding with whipped cream and toasted almonds
Please follow and like us: