Baked Pears and Almonds in Filo
Servings 2 People
- 1 large pear any type will work, ripe pears cook quicker
- 1/3 c mascarpone
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Pinch of Allspice
- 2 Tbsp Slivered Toasted Almond
- 4 sheets Filo dough
- Melted butter
- Cut the pear in half and core.
- Mix the Mascarpone, honey, allspice and almonds in a bowl.
- Place one sheet of filo dough on the counter and brush with melted butter.
- Place another filo sheet on top and brush with melted butter.
- Place the pear half, core side up, in the center of the filo sheet and put half the mixture on the center.
- Draw the corners of the filo to the center to form a bundle and turn them to stay in place.
- Place on a sheet pan and repeat. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and pears are tender.
Please follow and like us: