Scalloped Sweet Potato with Shrimp
- 1 Lb. Coleson's Catch 26/30 EZ Peel Shrimp
- 3 c Sweet Potato peeled & sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion sliced
- 1 c Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 c Sherry
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 c Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 c Breadcrumbs
- 1 qt Half and half
- Peel shrimp. Sauté the onions, but don't let them brown; set aside.
- Sauté the mushrooms until they are soft.
- Add the sherry and nutmeg, and simmer until the liquid is almost gone; set aside.
- Heat the half and half to a simmer; set aside.
- In a medium glass or ceramic dish, layer the potatoes, onions, mushrooms, shrimp, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan repeatedly until the potatoes are gone, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour over the half and half, covering the top layer, and cover the dish with its lid.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour, then test the potatoes.
- If they are tender, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan and dot with butter.
- Turn heat to 400 degrees F. and cook, uncovered, until brown.
Please follow and like us: