Enchiladas with Shrimp and Green Sauce
- 1 Lb. Coleson's Catch 26/30 EZ Peel Shrimp
- 1 pkg Corn Tortillas
- 2-3 c Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 c Jack Cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 c Yellow Onion diced
- 1/2 c Black Olives sliced
- 1/2 c Cilantro chopped
- Peel shrimp and lightly saute in half the butter, set aside.
- Saute the onions in the rest of the butter and set aside.
- Pour some of the enchilada sauce on a deep plate or shallow bowl.
- Dip both sides of a tortilla in the sauce, place on another plate, and fill with a bit of shrimp, cheese, and cilantro.
- Roll into a log shape and place in an oblong glass dish that has a bit of sauce on the bottom.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining sauce over the finished dish and sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
For my personal use I find the quality of the canned green enchilada sauce available retail just fine. If you are more of a purist, then feel free to prepare a sauce with fresh green chili peppers. Please note: how much sauce you need will depend on how wet you like your finished product. I use 3 cups.
Please follow and like us: