Scallops with Fennel Root
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg Coleson’s Catch Scallops thawed
- 1/2 c Onion diced
- 1/2 c White Wine
- 1/4 c Chicken Broth
- 1 c Fennel Root washed & sliced
- 1 c Heavy Cream
- Fennel Greens chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Dry the scallops with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Dust with flour.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan until slightly brown.
- Add scallops and saute until evenly coated.
- Cook to desired doneness being careful not to overcook (should be slightly opaque in the center). Set them aside.
- In another pan sauté the onion until clear.
- Add the wine, chicken broth and fennel, simmer until liquid is almost gone.
- Add cream, bring to a vigorous boil.
- Lowe heat & simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Add the scallops (only long enough to heat through).
- Simmer for a minute or two.
Serve with pasta, rice, bulgur wheat or quinoa. Sprinkle chopped fennel green and Parmesan cheese.
Please follow and like us: