Servings 4 People
- 3 lbs. Coleson's Catch King Crab Legs or assorted firm fish and shellfish (crab prawns, mussels, clams, squid, chilean sea bass)
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 1/4 c. combination of fresh basil thyme and oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 c. red wine
- 1/2 c. tomato paste
- 1 Carrot diced
- 4 qt. canned tomatoes diced
- 1 c. clam juice or chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients except fish in a heavy pan. Simmer for at least one hour.
- If you wish to reduce the acidity caused by the tomato paste, add two tablespoons of granulated sugar before adding fish.
- Use a combination of fish that suits your taste.
- If you don't want to struggle with the shells of the prawns and crab, peel them before cooking. The items suggested above hold up well.
- Cut fish into pieces similar in size to prawns to allow all to cook in approximately the same amount of time.
- Fish should cook in 10-15 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
Serve in either individual bowls or in a tureen. Serve garlic bread or garlic cheese bread as an accompaniment.
Please follow and like us: