Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg. Coleson's Catch Calamari
- 3/4 c fresh basil leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 sun-dried tomato halves reconstituted
- 1/2 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 c toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pesto in a blender or food processor by mixing the basil, garlic, softened sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, pine nuts, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blanch the squid in salted boiling water for one minute and drain.
- While hot, toss in the pesto and cool for 24 hours.
- Add Parmesan before serving.
If you like tentacles, use whole squid (cleaned, trimmed, and the tubes cut into rings); if not, use calamari steaks that have been cut into thin strips or diced. The preparation is the same.
Please follow and like us: