Baked Scallops and White Beans
Servings 2 People
- 12 oz Package of Coleson's Catch Scallops
- 1 cup dried white beans
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1/2 cup Celery diced
- 1/2 cup Onions diced
- 2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon chopped
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Sauté the onions, celery and garlic in the oil.
- Simmer the beans, chicken stock, herbs and onion mixture until the beans are tender, usually around 3-4 hours.
- If the pot gets dry during cooking, add water.
- There should be a bit of liquid left when done cooking.
- Add the scallops and bacon and put into a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and bake uncovered at 400° for 20-30 minutes.
- If there is a lot of bubbly liquid, press the bread crumbs beneath the surface a couple of times during the cooking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with a salad.
This delicious, healthy and easy to prepare recipe is also excellent for other Coleson's Catch® seafood items like Halibut, Tuna, Mahi-Mahi, Chilean Sea Bass, Swordfish, Orange Roughy and Tilapia. Enjoy!
Please follow and like us: