Servings 2 People
- 4 c basil leaves (and/or cilantro dill, oregano, mint, fennel)
- 1/2 c garlic (red onion or shallots)
- 1/2 c pine nuts (walnuts pecans, almonds, macadamia, etc.)
- 1/2 c olive oil (canola corn, peanut)
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese (no cheese in mixture feta, goat or others sprinkled on top)
- Salt and Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.
Use in pasta, as a sandwich spread, mixed into a salad dressing, etc. Additional Comments: Traditionally we have basil, garlic, olive oil, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. Nice, but let's veer of the beaten path. Cilantro, dill, oregano, mint and fennel all make delightful a pesto sauce. See our recipes for Asian Pesto, Santa Fe Pesto, Dill Pesto, and Fennel Pesto.
Please follow and like us: