Oven Roasted Root Vegetable Bake
- 3 cups of peeled diced root vegetables (parsnip, celery root, turnip, carrot)
- 2/3 cup diced onion (yellow white or red)
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Toss all ingredients (except the fish) together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake on a sheet pan at 400° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Pour the browned vegetables over the seared fish and cover with foil or a lid.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- This dish may be made ahead up to the point of the final baking and then refrigerated.
- Increase the final cooking time to 40 minutes.
Serving Suggestions: Side dishes that go well are steamed broccoli and a salad. Additional Comments: This preparation is most appropriate for Mahi-Mahi, oyster meat and Tilapia. A combination of one or more of these types of fish is excellent. Season fish with salt and pepper, then sear whole or cubed in a hot pan; the cubed method is easier to serve. Place fish in a glass baking dish.
Please follow and like us: