Butternut Squash and Buttermilk Soup
Servings 2 People
- 4 c Butternut Squash peeled and diced
- 1 c Yellow Onion finely diced
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 c Chicken Broth
- 2 c buttermilk
- Salt and Pepper
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion in the butter, then add chicken broth and squash.
- Cover and simmer until the squash is tender.
- Puree the squash in a blender or food processor, adding the buttermilk for more liquid, if needed.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and add the remaining buttermilk, adjust seasonings to taste.
- Bring to a boil and serve immediately.
If you want a thinner soup, more chicken broth or buttermilk can be added.
Please follow and like us: