Basic Savory Polenta--Creamy, Sautéed and Deluxe
Servings 2 People
- 2 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 c cornmeal
- Half and half
- In a heavy saucepan bring all the ingredients except half and half to a boil.
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the cornmeal is smooth and not gritty. Stir frequently.
- Add half and half to achieve the desired creaminess.
- It will get thicker as it cools so I make mine a little thinner so it doesn't get gummy half way through eating.
Sauteed: Use the same process as above but don't thin it as much and spread in an oiled sheet pan to cool. Spread with oil on top as well to prevent cracking. Once cool, cut into desired shapes and saute in hot oil until brown and crispy. Deluxe: Same process as above, with the addition of 1 c. finely diced sautéed vegetables such as onions, celery, carrots, cabbage, etc.
Please follow and like us: