Tuna With Seared Spinach
Servings 4 People
- 4 Coleson’s Catch Tuna Steaks
- 2 qt Spinach Leaves trimmed without the stems
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped shallots
- 1/2 c Tomatoes diced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 c crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper and saute or broil, whichever you prefer. (Tuna is at its best when cooked rare or medium rare.)
- Set aside and keep warm in a 140F oven.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil, add the garlic and shallots, and stir for 30 seconds; add the tomatoes and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and vinegar; toss until limp but completely cooked.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the feta cheese.
Spread on a serving dish and place tuna steaks on top. Garnish by sprinkling with a mixture of diced tomatoes, feta cheese, and chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
Please follow and like us: