Swordfish with Braised Cabbage
Servings 4 People
- 4 Coleson's Catch Swordfish Steaks
- 8 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. ground juniper berry may substitute caraway or fennel seed
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, sear in a hot pan and place in a glass baking dish.
- Sauté the shallots and garlic in the oil and add the cabbage, juniper, thyme and wine.
- Cook, covered, until the cabbage is tender, stirring often.
- The cabbage may release a lot of liquid.
- If there is too much liquid, continue to cook until it reduces, or pour some off.
- If it is a bit dry, add water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir a bit of water into the cornstarch and add to dish to thicken.
- Pour over the swordfish and cover.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with roasted Yukon Gold potatoes. Additional Comments: This delicious, healthy and easy to prepare recipe is also excellent for other Coleson's Catch® seafood items like Halibut, Tuna, Mahi-Mahi, Chilean Sea Bass, Swordfish, Orange Roughy and Tilapia. Enjoy!
Please follow and like us: