Trout with Bacon and Mushroom Cream
Servings 4 People
- 4 portions Coleson's Catch Trout Fillets 6-8 oz. each
- 2 tbsp Onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme
- cornstarch or roux
- Finely dice the bacon and saute until very crisp.
- Drain the fat and set the bacon on a paper towel.
- Saute the onion in the butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, pepper, and thyme, and bring to a boil.
- Thicken with cornstarch or roux to desired thickness.
- Add the bacon and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sauté or boil the trout.
Top with sauce and serve with rice or potatoes. Additional Comments: * Roux is melted butter mixed with flour to make a paste.
Please follow and like us: