Servings 2 People
- 12 oz Coleson's Catch Sole Fillets
- 3 egg whites
- 3 Slices White Bread crusts removed, diced
- 1/2 -3/4 c. Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Green Peppercorns
- 1/2 c. Bay Shrimp meat cooked 1/2 tsp. Salt 1/2 tsp. White Pepper
- Tarragon Sauce:
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Tarragon 1 tsp. if fresh
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Shallots chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Salt and Pepper
- In a food processor, puree the egg white and bread until smooth. It should be a thick liquid; adjust depending on the size of the bread slices and eggs.
- Add the fish, salt, pepper, and cream. (This may need to be done in batches depending on the size of the processor.)
- The mixture should be fluffy and mousse-like in texture. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Fold in the peppercorns and bay shrimp. Pour into a small glass loaf pan lined with wax paper.
- Covered with foil and bake in a water bath at 350° for approximately 40 minutes, checking it with an instant-read thermometer (it should read 140°).
- After baking, place a weight (a brick or cans of peaches) on top of the terrine and chill.
- Mix all ingredients of the tarragon sauce in a bowl and chill.
Remove terrine from pan and slice. Place on a plate in a fan pattern and spread the tarragon sauce at the tips. Additional Comments: Food processor required.
Please follow and like us: