Pan Fried Tilapia with Almonds
Servings 2 People
- 12 oz pkg Coleson's Catch Tilapia Fillets thawed
- olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Generously coat skillet with olive oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Add the Tilapia so that each piece is flat in the pan (uncovered).
- Squeeze lemon juice evenly over Tilapia Fillets. Shake salt and pepper as desired over each piece.
- Shake cumin so that each piece is evenly coated. Cook 4 minutes and then flip each fillet.
- Repeat lemon juice, salt & pepper and cumin.
- When Tilapia is cooked through, each side should be white and flaky.
- With two minutes left, add sliced almonds as desired over each piece.
- Place the lid on the skillet (should be the size that covers all of the Tilapia).
- Let steam for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Uncover and with a spatula, transfer to plates.
Serve with rice, a vegetable and/or salad. Additional Comments: Recipe of Karyn Racov at Camp Foster in the Far East. 2nd Prize Winner Coleson's Catch Seafood Recipe Contest 2006.
Please follow and like us: