Lasagna-style Flounder Sans Pasta
- 1.5 lbs. Coleson's Catch Flounder
- 2-3 c. Marinara sauce:
- 1-2 c. Ricotta cheese
- 1-2 eggs Use 1 egg for each cup of ricotta
- 4 tsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp Dried
- 2 tsp Fresh Chopped Garlic or 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 c. Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley Chopped
- Mix the ricotta, egg(s), basil and garlic.
- In a square glass dish layer small amounts of marinara, fish, ricotta, cheese and a layer of sauce.
- Repeat, finishing with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes, then bake uncovered another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
If you have a favorite commercial marinara...use it. If you like to make your own - go ahead. How much sauce and ricotta you need will be determined by how wet and how ricotta-rich you like it. I'm a heavy-sauce, light-cheese gal, myself.
Please follow and like us: