Baked Catfish with Beets
Servings 4 People
- 2 lbs. catfish fillets salt and pepper
- 4 fresh beets with greens
- 1/2 cup Onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- Sear the seasoned catfish in a hot pan and place in a glass baking dish.
- Remove the beet stems from the root and boil the root in salted water until tender.
- Cool in cold water; Remove the skins and dice.
- Shred the beet greens and stems.
- Sauté the onion in the oil; add the greens and basil and cook until wilted.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and stock and bring to a boil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a bit of water to the cornstarch and thicken the mixture.
- Pour over the catfish, cover and bake for 20 minutes at 400°.
- Serve with rice.
This delicious, healthy and easy to prepare recipe is also excellent for other Coleson's Catch® seafood items like Halibut, Tuna, Mahi-Mahi, Chilean Sea Bass, Swordfish, Orange Roughy and Tilapia. Enjoy our unique baked catfish with beets!
Please follow and like us: