Poached Pears and Berries in Port, Plus More!
Servings 2 People
- 2 firm pears peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 c Strawberries thickly sliced
- 1 c blackberries
- 1 c port
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- In a saucepan, simmer the port, sugar and spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the pears and simmer until al-dente.
- Remove the pears and chill.
- Add the berries to the simmering liquid and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove and chill.
- Simmer the liquid until it begins to thicken and chill.
- When chilled, combine the berries and syrup.
Serving Suggestions: Assembly ideas: Pears in a bowl, scoops of vanilla bean ice cream topped with berry syrup (hot or cold). Toasted pound cake on plate, pears, ice cream, berries, whipped cream. Parfait glasses layered with pound cake, pears, berry syrup topped with whipped cream.
Please follow and like us: