Braised Lamb Shanks with Cranberries
Servings 6 People
- 4 lb lamb shanks or 2 lbs lamb meat cut into cubes
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 Tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp Fennel Seed
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 c Fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 c Chicken Broth
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Salt and pepper the lamb and dust with flour.
- Sauté in hot oil until brown, add the onions and caramelize.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer until tender adding more liquid if needed.
- Nice when served with creamy polenta.
Please follow and like us: