Seafood and Sweet Anise (Fennel Root) Fettuccine
- 1 1/2 lbs. Coleson's Catch Seafood cut into similar size pieces
- 2 bulbs thinly sliced sweet anise
- 2 Tbsp Shallots minced
- 1/3 c dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 c Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 2 c Heavy Cream
- 1/2 c roasted pecans
- 3/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 c cooked fettuccine
- Sauté the shallots in the butter, add the sherry.
- Once the sherry is almost evaporated add the chicken stock, allspice, black pepper and anise root.
- Once the chicken stock is evaporated, add the heavy cream and continue cooking until the cream begins to thicken.
- Add seafood and cook through; add pecans, toss with fettuccine.
- Top with the feathery leaves from the anise as garnish.
Choose a combination of seafood. Example: scallops, salmon and perch.
Please follow and like us: