Mussels With Hard Cider
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg Coleson's Catch Kono Mussels on Half Shell
- 1 c Onion finely diced
- 1/2 c Chicken Stock
- 2 c hard cider
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 shot dry amber rum
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion in 1 tbsp of butter until golden brown.
- Add chicken stock and reduce it as far as you can without letting it going dry.
- Add the cider, spices, and rum and bring to a boil.
- Simmer at least 2 minutes--if you want to make the sauce richer, reduce it a bit.
- Add the remaining 3 tbsp butter and remove the sauce from the heat when the butter has melted.
- Boil enough water to cover the mussels. Plunge the the mussels into the water for one minute and drain.
- Place the mussels in a serving dish and pour the cider mixture over them.
Serving Suggestions: Enjoy with a loaf of good bread and a salad.
Please follow and like us: