Mussels on the Half Shell Cioppino-style
Servings 2 People
- 16 pcs Coleson's Catch Kono Mussels on the Half Shell
- 2 c Crushed Tomatoes canned
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c Onion diced
- 1/2 c Marsala wine
- 1/2 c Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Sauté onions in the oil until clear.
- Add the other ingredients except the mussels.
- Simmer sauce until the thickness you like--I like it pretty thin but many like it more reduced.
- It should cook at least half an hour to blend flavors; if it gets too thick add more broth.
- You can make it the day before to enhance the flavors.
- When ready to serve, add the mussels and heat through (as mussels are already cooked).
Serve with pasta or polenta.
Please follow and like us: