Calamari Steak with Eggplant and Spicy Peanut Sauce
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg. Coleson's Catch Calamari Steaks thawed and cut into strips
- 2 c Eggplant peeled and diced
- 1/2 c Onion diced
- 1/2 c Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 c Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1/4 tsp crushed red chilies
- 1/4 c cream
- 1/4 c Canola oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Sauté the onions in the oil until clear.
- Add eggplant, cook until soft and lightly brown.
- Add chicken broth and spices, bring to a boil.
- Add peanut butter and stir to melt it in.
- Add heavy cream, bring to a boil. Adjust seasoning.
- Dry the calamari with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dust with flour.
- In a sauté pan heat a Tbsp of oil and quickly saute the calamari until warmed through - it gets tough easily.
- Mix with the eggplant.
Serve with rice or soft Chow Mien noodles. Garnish with cilantro.
Please follow and like us: