Calamari Steak with Bacon and Sweet Potato
Servings 2 People
- 1 pkg. Coleson's Catch Calamari Steaks thawed
- 8 strips Bacon
- 1 c Sweet Potato peeled, diced cooked - I like it roasted in the oven but it can be boiled
- 1/2 c Onion diced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 c Green Onion chopped
- Cut the bacon in to 1 inch strips. Saute until crisp.
- Strain the bacon out of the fat and set aside.
- Saute onion in the bacon fat and strain out.
- Dry the calamari steaks in a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dust with flour.
- Saute Calamari steak in the bacon fat very lightly - only a minute or two on each side as it tends to get tough if over cooked.
- Set the Calamari steak on the serving plate.
- Toss the hot sweet potato with the bacon, sauteed onion and green onion. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour mixture over Calamari and serve.
Suggested side dishes would be sliced tomato, hot broccoli or salad.
Please follow and like us: