Servings 2 People
- 2 c firm vegetable or fruit (tomato, cucumber, radish squash, cabbage, pineapple, mango, papaya, etc)
- 1 c Onion (red, yellow white, green)
- 1 c peppers (any bell, wax, Anaheim, sweet or hot)
- 1/4 c herb (cilantro, basil, dill, oregano, mint, fennel, etc)
- 1/2 c acidic liquid (lemon juice, lime juice, vinegar)
- Salt and Pepper
- Finely dice all ingredients, add the liquid, season with salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly.
There are many ways to use the final summer harvest and one of the ways I enjoy most is salsa. Those late harvest tomatoes, with onions, peppers, a few select herbs and an acidic liquid of choice: vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, etc. Yum. Fruit salsas are delightful, too. They usually don't last as long, though. A hearty salsa kept cold will last for weeks. Hint: the more acidity, the longer it will last.
Please follow and like us: