Tuna With Fuyu Persimmon And Ginger
Servings 2 People
- 12 oz pkg Coleson's Catch Yellowfin/Ahi Tuna
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1/8powdered ginger
- 1/2 c Onion diced
- 2 Fuyu persimmons
- Splash of water or chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove the green top of the persimmons and cut in half lengthwise, then cut in 1/4 inch half circles starting at the top.
- In a medium saute pan, melt the butter and cook the onions until tender; remove from pan.
- Place the fruit flat side down in the pan--don't just toss them in.
- Cook on one side until they start to color.
- Add the onions, ginger, liquid, salt, and pepper.
- Toss lightly, let simmer for 30 seconds, and it's ready.
- Cook the tuna any style--open flame is best, pan seared second.
Tuna must be served medium rare. Pour the fruit over the top. Would be great with lentils and any grain.
Please follow and like us: