Servings 2 People
- 2 c cold mashed potatoes
- 1 c cooked Coleson's Catch salmon flaked (leftovers are great)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 c Panko bread crumbs Japanese bread crumbs
- Toss the flaked salmon with the dill, onion and lemon.
- Put the mashed potatoes in a bowl and with a spoon stir them until soft and smooth.
- Fold in the salmon and shape into patties aproximately 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Press them into the panko and chill.
- To cook, sauté in canola oil until warmed through and golden brown.
- Can be served with tartar sauce or a warm white wine butter sauce.
A perfect use for left-over mashed potatoes. Croquettes typically have a base of mashed potatoes and then are enhanced with seasoning and a protein, shaped and rolled in breadcrumbs, then deep-fried. Common shapes are "log shape" (1 inch wide, 3 inches long) and pear shaped. I have chosen to use the same mixture but to shape them into "patties." This way I don't have to deep-fry them but can sauté them. They can be used as an appetizer or an entrée.
Please follow and like us: