Cajun Salmon Chowder
Servings 2 People
- 12 Oz. pkg Coleson’s Catch Salmon Fillets
- Cajun seasoning*
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 c White Wine
- 1 c Chicken Broth
- 1/2 c Onion diced
- 1/2 c Celery diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 3 c Half and half
- 1 c cooked diced potato
- 1/4 c Melted butter
- 1/3 c Flour
- Dust the salmon fillets with Cajun seasoning and sauté in hot oil.
- When cool, dice it up and set aside.
- Mix the melted butter and flour together to make a smooth paste, making a "raw roux".
- In a saucepan, simmer the onion, celery, garlic and thyme in the wine and broth until the onion is tender.
- Add half and half and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the roux and whisk until smooth and slightly thick.
- Add the cooked potatoes and salmon.
- Simmer for 3 minutes and taste.
- If you want it spicier add Cajun seasoning to the chowder.
If you make this a second time and do like it spicier, add some Cajun seasoning into the initial simmering of the wine, broth and seasonings.
Please follow and like us: