Either pour into glasses or cool in one bowl. Serve with whipped cream.
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 c water
- 1 c egg whites
- 1 c whipping cream
- 2/3 c Sugar
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and water together. Stir as it melts; if it is not smooth and kind of "chalky" add a bit more water.
- When it is melted it should be smooth and a thick liquid, set aside.
- Whip the egg whites and sugar until a thick meringue, set aside.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold the meringue into the chocolate and then the whipped cream.
Serving Suggestions: Either pour into glasses or cool in one bowl. Serve with whipped cream. Angelfood Parfait: Break pieces of angel food cake into glasses or bowl and layer or fold with the mousse. Mousse Parfait ideas: Mini marshmallows Caramel sauce Toasted nuts Sliced banana, strawberries or mango Additional Comments: Instead of water use coffee or espresso for flavoring. Orange zest is a good addition.
Please follow and like us: