Ahi Tuna Steaks with Green Tomato Chutney
Servings 2 People
- 12 oz pkg Ahi Tuna thawed
- ½ c Red Onion diced
- 2 c green tomato diced
- ¼ c cider vinegar
- ½ c Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Ginger grated
- 1/4 c cranberry dried
- fresh spinach
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar & cider, vinegar.
- Add the onion and ginger and simmer until the sugar thickens.
- Add the green tomato and cook until the tomatoes are soft and it is not watery; it will depend on how green the tomatoes are. If they are half ripe they will have more water in them.
- Add the cranberries and chill.
- If you like a spicy chutney, add some crushed chilies when you add the tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper the Ahi tuna and sear in hot oil for 1 minute on each side.
- Slice it thinly.
- Fan out the tuna on a bed of spinach and top with chutney.
Please follow and like us: