Greek Style Sea Bass
Servings 4 People
- 2 lb Coleson's Catch Chilean Sea Bass cut into strips
- 6 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 8 medium tomatoes or 2 1/2 cans tomatoes puree
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cognac
- 2 tbsp Ouzo
- 1/4 lb Feta Cheese sliced or diced
- 2 tbsp Parsley finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the tomatoes through a sieve or food mill.
- Heat four tablespoons of the oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook the onion and garlic until very lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar and cook over moderate heat until thick, about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425.
- Melt the butter and remaining oil in a large, heavy skillet.
- Saute the Sea Bass until just done.
- Add the Cognac and Ouzo, heat and flame the Sea Bass.
- Place the Sea Bass in a casserole.
- Cover with the tomato sauce, then with feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley and bake until well heated, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
Please follow and like us: