Servings 4 People
- 2 pkgs Coleson’s Catch Salmon Fillets
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 bunch fresh dill chopped
- 2 tsp. white pepper
- 5 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2/3 tsp Salt
- 5 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 Tbsp Minced Fresh Dill
- Mix salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Place half the salmon, skin side down, in a glass or stainless steel pan and sprinkle half the mixture over the flesh of the salmon.
- Spread the dill over the salmon.
- Sprinkle the other half of the mixture over the remaining salmon flesh, and quickly flip it over top of the salmon in the dish.
- The skin side should be up, the two flesh sides together.
- If the pieces do not match in shape, place the thick side against the thin side.
- Cover the fish with a piece of plastic and then foil.
- Place a light weight, such as a cutting board, on top and refrigerate.
- The salmon will release liquid during the next 48 hours; drain off.
- Turn the salmon twice a day.
To serve, cut into thin slices and cut off the skin (like lox). Serve with the sauce. Make the sauce by blending all ingredients except dill. Stir in the dill. Additional Comments: Gravlox will keep for two weeks.
Please follow and like us: